Our topics during the summer term in Nursery will be ‘Seasons and Change’ and ‘Splash’ -thinking all about water and how we use it.
Each week we will be planning activities linked to specific texts that will promote learning in each of the seven areas of the EYFS curriculum:
The Three Prime Areas - Communication and language, Physical Development, Personal, Social and Emotional development
The Four Specific Areas Literacy, Maths, Expressive Arts and Design and Understanding the world
Our key texts this term will be,
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
Information books linked to seasons and minibeasts
- Mrs Wishy Washy by Joy Cowley
- Mr Gumpy’s Outing by John Burningham
- The Bog Baby by Jeanne Willis
- Hooray For Fish by Lucy Cousins
- Sharing a Shell by Julia Donaldson
- Information books about boats and the seaside
- Stories, rhymes and songs about pirates
We have also planned an exciting trip to the London Sealife Aquarium in June.
In our phonics sessions, a key area of focus will be to hear and say the initial sounds in words. The children will also begin to orally blend and segment sounds in simple words e.g. working out and saying the c-a-t in cat.
Please see our Summer Term letter for further details.
We are really looking forward to the term ahead!